About the College of Business
The College of Business at the University of Louisville enhances the intellectual and economic vitality of our city, the region, and the broader business world through our academic programs, research, and community outreach activities. We strongly believe that lives improve through entrepreneurship, innovation, critical and rigorous thinking, diverse ideas, and people.
We are educating tomorrow’s leaders. We are a diverse, inclusive, and supporting community. We value risk-taking, inquisitiveness, and practical experience. All tied together with a commitment to excellence. LEAP is an acronym that represents what is unique about the College of Business. These points of distinction define our intent and guide our activities as we LEAP forward.
LEAP: Our Points of Distinction
The spirit of entrepreneurship courses through everything we do at the College of Business at the University of Louisville. It is essential to community growth, job creation, and prosperity. We’re committed to students who are builders, creators, and doers. We give them the tools to take that entrepreneurial spirit and change the world. This commitment is codified by LEAP — an acronym (Louisville Entrepreneurial Accelerating Principled) for the College’s distinctive qualities that define the school’s intent and guides activities.
- L (Louisville): The University of Louisville’s College of Business is deeply and deliberately “of Louisville.” We build upon the city’s strengths and we contribute to those strengths in purposeful and reciprocal ways. We are committed to making all of Louisville and all of its citizens better as, at the same time, the city defines us and grounds our strategies and programs. This is not a provincial vision; the College of Business is an essential part of what makes Louisville a vital global city.
- E (Entrepreneurial): We have a demonstrated strength in developing entrepreneurial mindsets focused on possibilities and on the expert pursuit of opportunities. This entrepreneurial orientation is manifest in programs focused specifically on new venture creation and suffuses all our programs, providing all of our students with the optimistic mindsets of opportunity recognition and creative change.
- A (Accelerating): We have a history of great success and an unending passion for creating access for all and accelerating lives in pursuit of principled ambitions. This emphasis on accelerating lives emphasizes the proactive inclusion of everyone – of all lives, regardless of differences, seen and unseen – and the embrace of diverse backgrounds and perspectives in a diverse, nurturing, and supportive organization.
- P (Principled): We are committed to securing the College’s place as a global leader in producing principled citizens and business leaders who act ethically and with integrity, shaping sustainable, socially-responsible organizations that change the world consistent with their values and their aspirations.
The College of Business at the University of Louisville offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate business programs that prepare our students for responsible and rewarding careers. We enhance the intellectual and economic vitality of our city, the region, and the broader business community through our academic programs, research, and community outreach activities. We are building something that lasts.
The University of Louisville’s College of Business will be broadly recognized as the leading business school in this region and one of the leading metropolitan business schools in the United States. To accomplish these we will:
- Build upon our national reputation in the area of entrepreneurship by offer programs that foster an entrepreneurial perspective among our students and offer opportunities for our students to demonstrate their capabilities in a competitive environment.
- Offer masters and bachelors-level students an abundant variety of international learning experiences and provide faculty with opportunities to teach and research abroad.
- Offer undergraduate students opportunities for functional specializations.
- Develop an innovative menu of graduate business program offerings.
- Create a supportive faculty research environment that is consistent with our university’s mission of being a premier metropolitan research university.
- Enhance the economic vitality of the region through academic programs and community outreach activities.
College of Business Rankings
The University of Louisville is proud to be recognized as one of the top MBA programs in the world. Our focus on entrepreneurship and free enterprise creates one of the best colleges of business for students and faculty equipped who want to build something that lasts.
Best Masters 2019 Worldwide Rankings
- 45 Full-time MBA
- 56 Professional MBA
- 63 Entrepreneurship MBA
- 32 Master of Accountancy (MAC)
- 37 Executive MBA.
University of Louisville students are positioned and supported to succeed immediately and over the long term with lifetime access to career support services. The Ulmer Career Management Center staff are dedicated to providing career coaching and interview preparation services at any point in an alumni's careers.
*Placement (employment) rates are derived from sources that include data from a 2017 Ulmer Career Management Center graduate survey and self-reported data from LinkedIn about graduates' employment after they received their degrees.
A thriving Louisville community sits at the heart of the College of Business mission. And it’s not a one-way street. We have programs, business contests, and resources for community members —including high school students — to take advantage of, but we also send students out to learn from and benefit the community.
The university and city are partners. Together, we can address the problems our community faces. Through high school outreach, our Thrivals speaker program, Project Build, and much more, we aim to transform the area. Learn more about the opportunities available to your school, business, family, or organization.
Louisville, KY 40208
Louisville, Kentucky, USA