The Penn State Smeal College of Business is a vibrant intellectual community offering highly ranked undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive education opportunities to more than 6,000 students from across the country and around the world. Since our introduction in 1953, we have prepared more than 75,000 students for professional success, annually adding to Penn State's vast alumni network. We are a destination of choice for top global organizations seeking talent that will make a positive difference. Through our leading faculty and network of research centers and institutes, we are a source of knowledge that influences the business practices of tomorrow. We are forging connections, creating opportunities, and producing results.
Penn State Values
At Penn State, a set of core values guides the conduct and everyday actions of community members. These values include:
- Integrity: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Responsibility: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery: We seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for the benefit of our communities, society, and the environment.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education.
- Community: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.
Smeal Strategic Priorities
As an extension of the core values of the University, Smeal is committed to a set of strategic priorities that we strive to uphold in all that we do as a college. They include:
- Extraordinary Education: Through a portfolio of degree and non-degree programs, Smeal is committed to arming students with the critical knowledge, capabilities, and perspective that the marketplace demands.
- Research with Impact: Smeal faculty members are prolific researchers and rank among the best in the world. The college's network of centers and institutes promote knowledge sharing and address business challenges.
- Integrity: Smeal is committed to an Honor Code and aspires to cultivate ethical leadership by challenging members of the community to strive for greatness through fair and ethical means.
- Diversity Enhancement: Strategically focused on embracing unique ideas and strengthening connections, Smeal is continuously building a culture that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes diversity.
- Sustainability: Smeal has been the leader among academic units at Penn State in developing its approach to sustainability, from operations to education and research.