University of Regina
Open your world University of Regina international students have a desire to learn more about themselves, the world and everything in it. Study in an academic environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and new experiences. Open yourself to exciting new personal development. Meet interesting people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Make friendships that last a lifetime. Experience alternative ways of thinking, and learn from others as they learn from you. Discover a future filled with possibilities for you and your career. Enjoy all of these things with the constant support of UR International. Over the past five years, for example, the number of international students studying at the University of Regina has grown by 77%, helping make our campus more diverse than at any time in our history. Students from more than 66 countries now call our University home, enriching the student experience by bringing global perspectives to our campus community. At the same time, more than 800 domestic students have taken advantage of study abroad opportunities to broaden their education in other countries and further develop into “citizens of the world.” All of these students attend the University of Regina because of the quality of our academic programs, and they come here knowing that a comprehensive program of support is available to them through our UR International office. UR International is deeply committed to student success offering academic, social, life skills, and language services that help provide students with the tools they need to make the most of their University of Regina education.
- High ranking: One of Canada’s top 10 comprehensive universities.
- Support is our strength: From the moment we meet you and your family, until the moment you find employment after graduation, we provide personalized services to encourage and assist in your academic and career needs.
- State of the art facilities: Come and discover our new campus. It is modern, clean and convenient.
- The U of R is a global community: We are large enough to host students from over 90 countries, yet small enough to give you a more personalized and focused academic experience. You can get to know your professors and faculty members. The student to faculty ratio is 20:1.We Also have many associations that you can get involved with. Check it out!
- Success for life: Regina is your home away from home! It is safe, affordable and provides a high standard of living. Saskatchewan has an immigration nomination program that is faster than the national program and is open to University of Regina graduates.
Saskatchewan Saskatchewan has one of the strongest economies in Canada and supports the fastest growing population. It is a province that was built with the help of many people from all over the world. Located in the centre of Canada, Saskatchewan is a great starting point to explore the whole country. Direct flights from Regina International Airport can take you to Vancouver, Toronto, and most other major Canadian cities. Experience the natural beauty of Saskatchewan by taking a scenic road trip and discovering our best-kept secret – the 100,000 majestic lakes in the plains of the south and deep forests of the north. Take a break from your studies to enjoy activities like camping, fishing, hunting, swimming, canoeing, and hiking at pristine lakes just outside of Regina. Fishing in Saskatchewan is some of the best in the world and you can see an abundance of wildlife including bears, moose, and beavers. In winter, enjoy activities like snowboarding, skiing, skating, and hockey as the snow falls around you. With its growing community, booming economy and exciting future, Saskatchewan is a place where you can enjoy life and be a success.
- Peer Advising Program – Peer Advisors provide valuable information and support to our new international students
- English Coaching – daily one-on-one English language assistance
- Conversation Club – group conversation practice and social activities to help students adjust to life in Canada
- Study Assistance – daily assistance for various subjects and classes
- Academic Workshops and Classes – educational workshops and classes tailored to the achievement of students’ academic success
Residence life Life in a University of Regina residence encourages you to build friendships and participate in the social and educational activities available on campus. Our residences are some of the most affordable in Canada. There are 1,200 fully-furnished rooms in four residences, including an amazing new residence that has recently opened. You will always have a private bedroom, whether you live by yourself, with a roommate, or in dormitory or apartment-style housing.
Programs taught in: