The University of Banja Luka has been established on 7th November 1975 and today, after 39 years, the University of Banja Luka has 16 faculties with 52 licensed study programs. The Bologna process started at all study programs officially in 2006/2007 academic year, although some faculties started the Bologna reform even earlier. Three cycle study system has been introduced: bachelor, master and doctoral studies, as well as ECTS system of valuation of subjects and total workload of students. Most of the faculties of the University of Banja Luka, as well as university residences, have many facilities such as restaurants, recreation centers, computer centers, student clubs and cafeterias which are situated in two campuses, located close to the most beautiful river in the country – river Vrbas – and minutes walking from the city center. The University of Banja Luka has many, various in size and shape amphitheaters, classrooms, reading rooms and libraries, laboratories and computer rooms. The Faculty of Economics of the University of Banja Luka is a modern, developed, progressive and open Faculty, which represents the backbone of economic development of the Republic of Srpska. In February 2014 Faculty of Economics, University of Banja Luka marked the 39th anniversary of its existence and work. Faculty of Economics, University of Banja Luka, is a higher education institution whose main activity is scientific teaching and scientific research, and today we are proud of the following achievements and values:
- Tradition and modernity.
- A modern curriculum as well as teaching methods and student assessment, modeled on the best educational institutions of this type in Europe and the world (Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka is a pioneer of implementing the provisions of the Bologna Declaration in the RS and BiH).
- The lecturers are distinguished experts in the field they teach, and successful businessmen – so we have a unique compound of science and practice.
- Large space capacity of over 4,000m2, which allows convenient and continuous implementation of teaching and extracurricular activities.
- The Faculty has no architectural barriers, and with a panoramic elevator allows students with disabilities to have the access to amphitheaters and classrooms.
- High-level technical equipment (computer classrooms with new computers, projectors, laptop computers, scanners, Internet connection, etc.).
- The possibility of going abroad for various seminars, training, etc. through the Students’ Union of the Faculty of Economics, AIESEC, or some of the organizations we have cooperation with.
The objectives of the Faculty are:
- Continuous performance of a modern teaching process, harmonized with the requirements of the industry and in accordance with all provisions of the Bologna process.
- Introduction of the European quality standards for the studies of I, II and III cycle.
- Provision of personnel and material conditions that will enable the realization of the main objective.
Programs taught in: