MBA in Innovation, Enterprise and Circular Economy
University of Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
2 - 3 years
EUR 19,704 *
Earliest start date
* home/international|deposit to secure your place: £2,463|installment plan: the fee of: £19,704
We offer the world’s first and only MBA focused on the Circular Economy.
This new economic model aims to:
- Use resources and energy more effectively
- Reuse products and materials
- Deliver increased profit for organizations
As a student you’ll have a unique degree and first-mover advantage, opening up a range of new career opportunities. You’ll learn the core aspects of a traditional MBA programme, augmented by an in-depth study of this contemporary economic model – equipping you with the skills you need to tackle the business, social and environmental challenges of the twenty-first century.
The curriculum has been developed in partnership with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. You’ll study topics including:
- Regenerative product design
- New business models
- Reverse logistics
- Materials, resources, energy and competitiveness
- Operations, marketing, and strategic management
The program is studied apart-through distance learning, using a combination of self-study, online teaching, and group discussions. This flexibility means you can fit your learning around your work and home commitments, and complete the MBA at a pace to suit you in anything from two to six years.
We are proud to be in an elite group of business schools to hold the triple accreditations of Equis, AMBA, and AACSB, often referred to as the "Triple Crown".
Scholarships and Funding
Every year we award numerous non-repayable scholarships to UK, EU and international students on the basis of academic excellence, personal circumstances or economic hardship. For full details, visit our scholarships section.
What you will study
All module information is for 2023 entry and is subject to change.
- Accounting and Economics for Decision Making
- Circular Economy Core Principles and Concepts
- Digital Marketing, Branding and Strategy
- Leadership for Transformational Change
- Business Models for a Circular Economy
- Diversity, Scale, and Development
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Materials, Resources, Energy and Competitiveness
- MBA Management Project
Learning and assessment
Our Circular Economy MBA program consists of three stages:
- 20-credit core modules – designed to help you get back into learning and provide fundamental knowledge of management principles and theory, before leading into an in-depth understanding of specialist topics that are essential and relevant to the contemporary commercial world
- 10-credit core modules – designed to help you explore contemporary management topics in more detail
- Management project – enables you to put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the program to practical use on a relevant management issue
Your knowledge and understanding of each subject area studied will be assessed by the most appropriate means. This will typically involve the completion of a written assignment, an exam, or in some cases an assignment and an exam.
How you study
Each module contains study units that you will progress through each week under the guidance of a module leader. This equates to approximately 14-16 hours of study per week.
If work or family life is particularly busy we offer flexibility for completion of the MBA in two to three years.
Times Higher Education Business School of the Year 2021
The Times Higher Education Awards recognize outstanding achievements in UK higher education. The School of Management was recognized for our focus on economic and social regeneration.
Our award citation states, "During the pandemic, the school focused its initiatives on helping graduates from disadvantaged backgrounds navigate the disrupted job market and on providing support for local businesses dealing with crisis trading conditions. The judges commended Bradford's "inspiring" support for students, alumni, schools and local businesses."
Program Tuition Fee
AWS Academy program from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The School of Management has joined the prestigious worldwide AWS Academy program from Amazon Web Services (AWS). All students will be allowed to enhance their employability skills, helping to make them ready for the world of work.
AWS Academy is a global program that provides educational institutions with access to cloud computing content to support student learning in a competitive digital workplace. As a member of the AWS Academy, the University of Bradford will help students become proficient and certified in the use of AWS technologies and ready to join the dynamic cloud IT workforce.
All learners will have the opportunity to seek professional certification with the skills gained through AWS Academy content, delivered by University staff that are AWS Academy accredited.
An MBA is an opportunity to either change career direction or consolidate experience then return and progress in a previous industry or job. The Financial Times Global MBA rankings show that alumni continue to operate in a wide range of sectors with, on average, 20% of them being in board-level positions within three years of graduation.
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programs. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career Development Services including help to find part-time work while studying, placements, vacation work, and graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the Careers website.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans through exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most programs, there is direct input by Career Development Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
During your time studying at the Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences you will have the opportunity to take part in our distinctive career booster programme throughout your course. The programme is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and graduate attributes to be job-ready when seeking employment with leading innovative organisations. The Career Booster Programme offers you the opportunity to gain certificates in:
- The European Computer Driving License (ECDL) - the benchmark for digital literacy
- Sage 50 Accounting and Sage 50 Payroll - training that will allow you to develop leading accounting and payroll software skills
- Project Manager Professional certificates - giving you the edge when seeking to become a Certified Project Manager
- Big Data analysis and reporting skills - using Software and Services (SAS) that will lead to certification.
In addition, the program will also include activities to promote teamwork, confidence, communication, and many other skills sought by employers.
Developing a portfolio of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificates will demonstrate to employers that you are not only ambitious but also take responsibility for your own professional development.