M.B.A. with a major in Sport Revenue Generation
Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Distance Learning, On-Campus
18 - 24 months
USD 1,026 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* as a general estimate, you should anticipate a total tuition range of $38,000-$51,000 (depending on prerequisite courses) plus additional fees and textbooks. Tuition fees and additional fees are subject to change at any point in time
Savvy business pros who know how to maximize revenue streams are as valuable to a sports organization as the gifted athletes on the field. Honing that specialized skill is the #1 focus of this unique M.B.A. major.
Our M.B.A. in Sport Revenue Generation is a leading-edge program – literally one of its kind in sports management education. No other curriculum so closely mirrors the industry’s growing demand for professionals dedicated to revenue enhancement: it focuses specifically on knowledge, skills, and tactics to generate revenue.
Study how to maximize sales through sponsorship deals, organize fundraising, create new income streams through emerging technologies, and far more to become a valued player on collegiate or professional management teams.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Sport Revenue Generation major is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Sport and Recreation Management are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Sport Revenue Generation (15 credits)
- SPT 5910 Sport Sponsorship Design and Strategies
- SPT 5920 Sport Ticketing, Concessions and Merchandise Management
- SPT 5930 Sport Event and Fundraising Strategies and Techniques
- SPT 5940 Sport Revenue Generation and Emerging Technologies
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
*Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Men’s Athletic Director: $94,162 (average salary per year)
- Head Coach: $73,417 (average salary per year)
- Senior Brand Manager: $114,685 (average salary per year)