The Part-Time MBA Program starts at the beginning of September and has a duration of 24 months. Core courses, as well as concentration courses, are integrated into different modules.
The first academic year encompasses the following three core modules:
- Core Module 1 (The World Economy, Financial Accounting, Managerial Finance)
- Core Module 2 (Economics of Corporate & Competitive Strategy, Corporate Finance, Operations Management)
- Core Module 3 (Marketing, Strategic Sourcing, Management Accounting)
The knowledge acquired during this period will be intensified and enhanced in two courses each of the following concentration modules:
- Marketing, Sales, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Finance & Accounting
- Strategy & Organization
- Personal Leadership
The module "Personal Leadership" spans several lectures incorporated in the course of the program. 'Leadership' is addressed not only academically but is also practically enlightened by renowned business leaders substantiating this subject through their own professional experience. 'Personal Development' focuses on the perception and development of the students' personal strengths and capabilities, training them on mastering human relations in a diverse and intercultural environment.
The International Management modules cover the most relevant issues in global management. During three residential weeks in the U.S., China, and India the program participants will learn about changes, challenges, and risks of doing business abroad. Our partner school of the respective region will host our students for one week each offering lectures by senior faculty members and support us on organizing company visits and a group project.
Throughout the program, the students have to give proof of what they have learned by delivering case solutions, project work, presentations and written exams. The latter will be taken at the beginning of the subsequent module. A practically oriented or theory-based Master Thesis has to be completed by each Part-Time MBA student; utmost deadline for submission is March of the second academic year. After completion of the program, the diplomas and transcripts will be conferred to the students during a festive graduation ceremony.
At a Glance
Program start: September
Location: Campus Düsseldorf
- 24-month part-time study on weekends
- International Modules of 1 week each in Columbia Business School (New York, USA), CEIBS and FUDAN (Shanghai, China) and IIMB (Bangalore, India)
- Mid-term challenge
- Integrated Personal Leadership Module
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The total fee for the Part-Time MBA Program amounts to €42,000.
Two-Step Early Bird Deadline
With our two-step early bird deadline, you will qualify for one of two tuition fee reductions.
To begin your part-time studies in September 2019:
- Apply by January 31, 2019, for a €5,000 tuition fee reduction
- Apply by March 31, 2019, for a €3,000 tuition fee reduction
The tuition fee includes:
- All tuition fees
- All books and materials
- Meals and refreshments on lecture days in Düsseldorf
- Accommodation and half-board during the international module
- Personal development seminars
- Semester ticket
Information for taxpayers in Germany: the tuition fees for the MBA Program as well as study-related costs (incl. travel and accommodation) are tax deductible as anticipated professional expenses. For detailed information please contact your legal tax advisor.
Our local bank institute grants loans to WHU students.
WHU Brain Capital GmbH
Another possibility to finance your participation in the MBA program is the financing concept of the WHU Brain Capital GmbH.
To learn more about this concept, please click to www.whubraincapital.de/en
Deutsche Bildung AG
Deutsche Bildung AG offers tailor-made financial support to German as well as international students combined with the online platform WissenPlus: www.deutsche-bildung.de
WHU grants scholarships to enable highly talented candidates from diverse academic and professional backgrounds to pursue the WHU Part-Time MBA. To apply for a scholarship, please use the respective scholarship application form which can be downloaded on this page. Please note that only one scholarship application per person is possible and that scholarship application requires an application for the Part-Time MBA Program at WHU. Seats in the program as well as scholarships are limited and granted on an ongoing basis.
Therefore we recommend early application. After having completed your application to the program please send your scholarship application to email@example.com.
Advantages of Company Support
We have special benefits for companies that plan to support more than one of their employees to study at WHU.
To find out more, please get in touch with our Program Director, Gerold Gnau
Application and Admission
Participants with a degree in law, engineering, or the natural sciences will benefit the most from the MBA Programs at WHU. However, participants with a degree in business administration or economics will also find the program highly valuable because of the
- strong emphasis on integrating theory and practice,
- the experience of working in interdisciplinary, multicultural study groups and
- the opportunity to develop leadership and interpersonal skills in an international environment.
We look for a large variety of cultural and professional backgrounds among our students. We are interested in you as an individual as you are interested in the school in all its varieties.
If you are thinking about applying to our MBA programs and are not quite sure if you fulfill the formal requirements you are welcome to send us your CV for a first check. Please contact us at MBA(at)whu.edu and we will get back to you.
The Part-Time MBA Program starts in September of every year. As applications are accepted on a rolling basis, you may apply to the program at any time; however, we strongly encourage potential candidates to apply as early as possible since places are limited. Admissions to the program will be given approx. two weeks after the personal interview.
The applicant must hold a degree from a university (Hochschule or Fachhochschule) in the area of validity of the German General Law on Universities or an equivalent degree from a foreign university. Furthermore, the applicant must have a minimum of two years of professional experience. Management experience is not required.
As the teaching language is English, non-native speakers are required to demonstrate evidence of fluency or take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as an entry requirement. We also require a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
Admission Requirements - Overview
- A first degree (Bachelor or equivalent)
- Two years postgraduate work experience
- Completed online application form and MBA Questionnaire
- One letter of recommendation from professors or supervisors (word /pdf). Please send us the letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope or ask the referee to e-mail it to MBA(at)whu.edu from his personal business e-mail account.
- TOEFL (min. 100 IBT) or equivalent IELTS (7.0), if English is not your native language. The WHU TOEFL recipient code is 0682.
- GMAT score (A minimum score of 600 is recommended) or equivalent GRE. The WHU GMAT recipient code is FBR-FH-02, the WHU GRE recipient code is 7175.
GMAT scores are valid for five years. To inform yourself about the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) please go to:www.mba.com or www.ets.org/toefl.
About the School
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management pursues excellence in everything it does. This philosophy is underscored by our claim “Excellence in Management Education.” We achieve our goal of excellence t ... Read More