International Business Administration (IMBA)
A Global Education for a Global Economy
The International Master of Business Administration (IMBA) Program is structured to provide a strong academic foundation in international business through a comparative approach to global business. The IMBA is recognized as the professional graduate degree designed to enhance effectiveness and provide comprehensive knowledge and skills involved in managing international profit and nonprofit organizations.
The 36-credit-hour curriculum includes 15 hours of graduate international business courses, 12 hours of required general MBA core courses, and 9 hours of electives from the Graduate School of Business offerings. The two-year outline of courses has a logical sequence progressing from required courses of corporate and intercultural communication, international accounting, international business, international finance, international marketing, international trade law, and seminar in international trade to courses in major emphasis areas.
Why do you need an IMBA degree?
- To prepare you for careers in international business with advanced training in specific areas built on a broad understanding of the international business environment.
- To gain cultural understanding with direct experience in a foreign country or region.
- To provide you with the skills in analytical problem solving, oral, written communication, and interpersonal relations.
- To increase the salary you receive in your current job and magnify your future earning potential. Graduate education leads to higher starting salaries, with master's degree holders generally receiving a 10 to 20 percent premium over individuals with just a bachelor's degree.
- To create avenues of advancement within your current organizational structure.
- To make you more marketable to future employers of your choosing.
The global competitive market is continuously changing, and the magnitude and speed of the changes and their strategic implications for firms, irrespective of location or productive/service, is unprecedented. The aggregate impact of these changes and the competitive responses of individual firms on individual country and regional economies are equally powerful. To be an effective global manager, one must be equipped with the necessary tools for the challenges ahead. The IMBA program at the Graduate School of Business offers a cutting-edge graduate international business education that prepares students for these challenges. The intensive, applied nature of this IMBA program provides training in international business through the use of practical techniques, foreign country experience, and other important tools that can be readily utilized by the students in their existing positions.
- Prepare individuals for careers in international business administration with advanced training in specific areas focusing on the relationship between business in global and domestic environments.
- Provide practical skills and technological competencies to analyze and communicate alternative solutions to business problems involving economic, financial, social, legal, political, global, and ethical factors.
- Encourage students to exhibit Christian faith, service, and leadership in business decision-making and problem-solving.
The International Master of Business Administration Program was developed to meet the following objectives:
- Prepare individuals with an understanding of international business and cultural differences through advanced training and direct experience in a specific country or region of the world.
- Provide individuals with the opportunity of gaining cultural understanding with direct experience in a specific country or region of the world.
- Develop practical skills for meeting the challenges of changing technology and managerial innovations.
Program taught in: