The IHU Executive MBA is a 24-month programme taught over a long weekend (including Friday) once a month and commences every January. In total there are sixteen weekends of classes.
Our programme is designed for busy professionals in order to advance their career without losing momentum. The flexible teaching timetable aims to enable students from miscellaneous backgrounds to attend classes. Furthermore, a variety of teaching methods are employed in order to facilitate learning, such as workshops, soft skills development sessions and integrating seminars.
Teaching takes place on-campus, in Thessaloniki.
Next intake: Applications are accepted until the fulfilment of the offered seats.
Why choose the IHU Executive MBA
- Learn from top-class, internationally renowned academics and professionals
- Collaborate with experienced colleagues from other countries and/or industries.
- Experience a ‘hands-on’ environment focused on a practical approach to learning.
- Establish a valuable network of life-long contacts.
Executive MBA class profile(intakes: 2013 to 2015)
- Average age: 34.2 years
- Working experience: 9.5 years
- Male 55% - Female: 45%
- International Students: 26%
The Core Modules
The Executive MBA core modules offer a thorough understanding of the key functional areas within a company and an appreciation of their critical interactions and their impact on the organisation as a whole.Core modules enable students to understand key concepts and apply practical skills directly relevant to their careers.
- Management of Organisations
- The Global Business Environment
- Global Capital Markets
- Quantitative Methods and Decision Analysis
- Cost Management
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Technology and Operations Management
- Business Leadership
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Business Strategy
The Elective Modules
The programme offers a rich choice of electives in diverse areas.
Participants can choose four electives across, relevant to their current and future career orientation.
- Risk Management
- Managing Strategic Change
- Project Management
- Managing Human Capital
- Product Innovation
- Consumer Behaviour
- Corporate Governance
- Banking Legal Environment
- Business Ethics & Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Credit Analysis for Bank Loan Decision Making
- Energy Markets
- Commercialising Science and Technology
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Investment Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Intellectual Property Management
- Derivative Instruments
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business to Business Marketing
- Raising Capital
The electives list is continuously updated to reflect contemporary business issues and student interests. Some of the elective courses may not be offered in a particular year, depending entirely on student demand.
To be considered for the EMBA, candidates are required to have:
- an undergraduate degree from a recognised University
- a minimum of three years' full-time work experience gained after graduation
- for graduates from non-English-speaking universities, a good IELTS (6.5 and above), TOEFL (IBT, 90 and above) or TOEIC (850 and above) score or a recognised by the Greek State certificate of proficiency in English
When to apply
IHU operates on a rolling admissions basis. This means that candidates apply for and are admitted to our programmes all year round. We suggest, however, that you apply as early as possible to ensure a quick response and place availability. We aim to provide decisions within two weeks of your submitting a complete application.
Please ensure that you complete the application form fully and submit all your supporting documents for us to make an informed decision.
To apply for the IHU Executive MBA, you will need to provide the following documents:
- a completed application form
- a copy of your degree certificate and transcripts detailing the courses studied and grades attained
- your English language test score report
- two references: one from an academic and one from your employer. Both referees should have direct knowledge of your suitability for EMBA study
- two recent passport-size photographs
- your CV (resume)
A personal interview may be required
The programme fees for the Executive MBA have been set at 9,000€. The fees are payable in four instalments every six months.